What is nature? (Ramblings #1)
Characteristics of harmonious natural systems:
- Diversity: A multitude of forms and types of (in)activities are necessary to maintain the whole.
- Community: A resilience emerges in the whole from the balanced contribution of each part.
- Interbeing: The (non)existence of each part is intimately connected with the (non)existence of all other parts.
- Inclusiveness: No form or (in)activity exists outside the whole; all are part of its process.
- Feedback: Balance in the parts is maintained organically through feedback in the mutual web of interactions.
- Abundance: The system seeks to maximise the flow of matter and energy by diversity of forms and processes.
What do you think?